City Lake and Power Plant
Longest Single Span Wooden Bridge in the USA
The Falls at the Rocky Mount Mills
Down East Viking Football Classic at the Rocky Mount Sports Complex
Civil War Reenactment at Stonewall Manor
Top 10 Summer Things-to-Do
- Get in the groove as you listen and dance to some of the best beach music around – all summer long at Downtown Live! on the lawn of the Imperial Centre.
- Come smell the smoke at the Eastern Carolina BBQ Throw Down. While there, get lost in the crowd where thousands mingle for music, crafts, and dancing – all while enjoying the BBQ competition.
- Test your skills at footgolf – an up-and-coming golfing event – at Northgreen Country Club.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show as the Tar River Orchestra wows the crowds at the Dunn Center.
- Grab the family and head out for some Southern cooking, rides, music, crafts, and more at the Nashville Blooming Festival.
- Looking to beat the summer heat? Take a dip at the Denton Street pool – or let the kids run wild at the splash park at Sunset Park.
- Explore all nature has to offer by paddling the Tar on the Tar River Paddling Trail.
- Enjoy a fun afternoon of farming and hands-on learning at ROMA’s Clydesdale Farm.
- Test your skills and accuracy on the sporting clay fields at Rose Hill.
- Wander just outside Nash County for a chance to enjoy the world’s largest waterfowl and bird sanctuary at Sylvan Heights in Scotland Neck.
Top 10 Winter Things-to-Do
- Did you say parades? How about four! December brings parades to Bailey, Spring Hope, Nashville, and Rocky Mount!
- The Imperial Centre is all dressed up for the holiday season! Events, programs, and activities throughout December add to the festive holiday atmosphere!
- Grab the family and head out for some Southern cooking, music, crafts, and more at the Spring Hope Pumpkin Festival.
- A visit to Martin Luther King, Jr. Park during the MLK Christmas Luminaries Celebration will definitely help you understand the reason for the season!
- Get yourself into the holiday spirit at the 4-H Holiday Extravaganza craft show in early December at the Nash County Ag Center.
- Traveling alone on Thanksgiving? Enjoy a great night of music and fun at the Thanksgiving Eve Bash at Westridge Grill.
- Looking to have a little fun indoors? Stay warm and active while enjoying a round of mini-golf at Mini Putt Indoor Golf!
- Cozy up and enjoy the angelic sounds of the Children’s Christmas Chorus at the Dunn Center.
- Try your hand at sculpting a masterpiece during a pottery class at Dan Finch Pottery.
- Feeling a bit nostalgic? Enjoy the storewide toy train display from below, all while shopping from an expansive assortment of old-fashioned candies, at Smith’s Red and White.
100 Coastline Street, Suite 313 | Rocky Mount, NC 27804